A few days ago, I discovered a blog named Chocolate Log Blog, a quite appropriate name, I think, since it is all about chocolate. Hundreds of cakes, biscuits, tarts, puddings all containing some form of chocolate. Choclette together with Chele from Chocolate Teapot run a very interesting monthly cooking event called We Should Cocoa. I was intrigued by the idea of making a chocolate dessert every month, without any restrictions, save one, the use of a special ingredient picked by Choclette every month and so I decided to give it a try...
I recently bought Sarah Wilson's "I Quit Sugar Cookbook" and I have already made a few really nice fructose free recipes, so I scanned through it and came up with some very interesting cocoa recipes. I chose to make the Choc Berry Mud because my freezer is full of frozen strawberries, blueberries and blackcurrants, a perfect fit for the We Should Cocoa challenge since this month's special ingredient is blackcurrants. The "mud" (as Sarah calls it) came together instantly by blending all the ingredients. It is an easy, fuss free and refreshing dessert for every season.
Chocolate Berry Pudding
Serves 2 - 4
- 1 cup frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackcurrants)
- 1 large soft avocado, cleaned, peeled and de-seeded
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or less if you want the consistency to be thicker)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender. Pour into bawls and serve immediately.
Σοκολατένια Πουτίγκα με Μούρα Χωρίς Ζάχαρη
Για 2 - 4 άτομα
- 1 φλιτζάνι κατεψυγμένα φρούτα του δάσους
- 1 μεγάλο ώριμο αβοκάντο, καθαρισμένο χωρίς το κουκούτσι
- 1/4 φλιτζανιού κακάο
- 1 φλιτζάνι γάλα αμυγδάλου (ή λιγότερο αν το θέλετε πιο πικτό)
- 1 κουταλάκι του γλυκού σκόνη βανίλια
- 1 κουταλάκι του γλυκού στέβια
- Βάζουμε όλα τα υλικά σε ένα μπλέντερ και αναμειγνύουμε.
- Σερβίρουμε αμέσως.